Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mail2Blogger Test Post 1

Hey there,

Today is a concept post that will be followed up on, based on the functionality of Mail2blogger and some incredible, seeming, deficiencies in its application.  Here is a link to a page about how to
report on NetBackup backup activity which should work, I think.

But last, a few notes:

NOTE: The labels function is probably the biggest binger of this whole wangle-dangle (I'm trying really hard not to swear since I'm this close to putting a gun in my mouth ;)

 

I wonder if the labels functionality can be made to work?  Probably not today, but I think getting the hyperlinks right is good for today.

 

If things go as swimmingly as they have today, I should have the date-mangling finished by tomorrow (For my automated posts over my vacation, I had the posts already written and scheduled to post 3 times each… more on that when I get this figured out.

 

Hopefully, this post will be the start of something that will be of benefit to anyone who searches Google for these answers with the same search strings I do.   BTW, it is widely held that adding tags to your post using Mail2Blogger is impossible.  It's probably true, but I'm too stupid to not try to get it to work ;)

 

Cheers,

 

Mike

 


NOTE: THE LABELS BELOW HAVE BEEN FAKED AND ARE NOT LEGITIMATE LABELS, ALTHOUGH THE FUNCTIONALITY IS EXACTLY THE SAME

backup, bpdbjobs, linux, netbackup, perl, report, reporter, reports, script, symantec, unix, veritas