Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Coded Camel - Cool Linux And Unix Perl Art

Hey There,

Bon Saturday! (That's my best Ameri-French ;)

This week, while I was tripping all over the web (which is kind of like stumbling except different and, possibly, not as much fun as it sounds like ;) I came across this piece of Perl art. It's a picture of the O'Reilly Perl Camel. This, in and of itself, was pretty cool. But, just for yucks, I threw it into a script, fired it up and (what do you know?) it spit out the name of the guy whom I can only presume is the author. Since I found this on some dead-end somewhere (like a message board that people contribute stuff to; sometimes secondhand), I have no idea how to give "Raul S Dias" his proper attribution.

Raul, if you're out there reading this and want some free link-love, shoot me an email (via the "Send Me A Comment" link at the top right of every page) and I'll be happy to give you full credit. Unfortunately, your name is Raul, which is almost as bad as my name: Mike (That's not even brand-name Mike. Just generic Mike ;) It took me years to develop the inner fortitude to not respond to everyone who screamed out my name in crowded public areas. At one point in my life, when my neck had become permanently craned and I could wear no expression other than a sheepish look of unexpected embarassment and humiliation, I had to stop reacting to shouts of "Hey Mike!," "What's up, Mike?" and "Where's my money, Mike?" It took my family a while to get used to it, but now they're all well acclimated to calling me by my code name. When someone shouts out "Hey, you self-serving son of a b####," they almost always want to talk to me :)

Here's hoping you've gotten plenty of rest after staying out way too late last night ;) Check out the picture below; after which I've attached the original picture in script form.

Cheers,

Note: Clicking on the picture below will only make you feel smaller than you already do ;)



#!/usr/bin/perl
$==$';
$;||$.| $|;$_
='*$ ( ^@(%_+&~~;# ~~/.~~
;_);;.);;#) ;~~~~;_,.~~,.* +,./|~
~;_);@-, .;.); ~ ~,./@@-__);@-);~~,.*+,.
/|);;;~~@-~~~~;.~~,. /.);;.,./@~~@-;.;#~~@-;;
;;,.*+,./.);;#;./@,./ |~~~~;#-(@-__@-__&$#%^';$__
='`'&'&';$___="````" |"$[`$["|'`%",';$~=("$___$__-$[``$__"|
"$___"| ("$___$__-$[.%")).("'`"|"'$["|"'#").
'/.*?&([^&]*)&.*/$'.++$=.("/``"|"/$[`"|"/#'").(";`/[\\`\\`$__]//`;"
|";$[/[\\$[\\`$__]//`;"|";#/[\\\$\\.$__]//'").'@:=("@-","/.",
"~~",";#",";;",";.",",.",");","()","*+","__","-(","/@",".%","/|",
";_");@:{@:}=$%..$#:;'.('`'|"$["|'#')."/(..)(..)/".("```"|"``$["|
'#("').'(($:{$'.$=.'}<<'.(++$=+$=).')|($:{$'.$=.'}))/'.("```;"|
"``$[;"|"%'#;").("````'$__"|"%$[``"|"%&!,").${$[};`$~$__>&$=`;$_=
'*$(^@(%_+&@-__~~;#~~@-;.;;,.(),./.,./|,.-();;#~~@-);;;,.;_~~@-,./.,
./@,./@~~@-);;;,.(),.;.~~@-,.,.,.;_,./@,.-();;#~~@-,.;_,./|~~@-,.
,.);););@-@-__~~;#~~@-,.,.,.;_);~~~~@-);;;,.(),.*+);;# ~~@-,
./|,.*+,.,.);;;);*+~~@-,.*+,.;;,.;.,./.~~@-,.,.,.;_) ;~~~
~@-,.;;,.;.,./@,./.);*+,.;.,.;;@-__~~;#~~@-,.;;,.* +);;
#);@-,./@,./.);*+~~@-~~.%~~.%~~@-;;__,. /.);;#@- __@-
__ ~~;;);/@;#.%;#/.;#-(@-__~~;;;.;_ ;#.%~~~~ ;;()
,.;.,./@,. /@,.;_~~@- ););,.;_ );~~,./ @,.
;;;./@,./| ~~~~;#-(@- __,.,.,. ;_);~~~ ~@
-~~());; #);@-,./@, .*+);;; ~~@-~~
);~~);~~ *+~~@-);-( ~~@-@-_ _~~@-
~~@-);; #,./@,.;., .;.);@ -~~@-;
#/.;#-( ~~@-@-__ ~~@-~~ @-);@
-);~~, .*+,./ |);;;~ ~@-~~
;;;.; _~~@-@ -__);. %;#-(
@-__@ -__~~;# ~~@-;; ;#,.
;_,.. %);@-,./@, .*+,
..%, .;.,./|) ;;;)
;;#~ ~@-,.*+,. ,.~~
@-); *+,.;_);;.~ ~););
~~,.; .~~@-);~~,.;., ./.,.;
;,.*+ ,./|,.); ~~@- );;;,.(
),.*+); ;#~~/|@-
__~~;#~~ $';$;;


, Mike




Discover the ClickBank affiliate program that pays 100% commission!



Please note that this blog accepts comments via email only. See our Mission And Policy Statement for further details.